Student Parking Permit Fees
|Types of Parking Permits||Per Quarter|
|Part-time students (registered for 0-5 credits)||$29.00|
|Full-time students (registered for 6 or more credits)||$46.00|
|Motorcycles, motor bikes, scooters||FREE|
|carpool permit (limit 1)||$18.00|
|Senior citizens (registering under tuition waiver)||$29.00|
|Special rates (summer quarter)||$29.00|
|Additional/replacement/second car permits (limit 2)||$29.00|
Purchasing Student Parking Permits or Daily Parking Pass
Buying in person
- Print and fill out the Parking Permit Application or pick one up at the Cashier Office.
- Bring your application and permit fee to the Cashier Office to receive your permit. See Student Parking Fees for the fee schedule.
Buying Online (Full-time permits only)
- Visit the Highline Bookstore website.
- Click “Parking Permits”.
- Fill out the Your Information section and click Add to Cart.
- Pay with a credit card (Visa, Mastercard). Note: The $47.00 price includes a $1.00 fee for processing and shipping.
- Choose to have your permit mailed to your home address or pick it up at the Bookstore (Building 8).
Daily Parking Pass
If you do not have a quarterly parking permit, use Highline’s new Parking Pay Stations. For only $1, you can buy a daily parking pass that lasts until 10 p.m.
- Find a machine near the entrance of Building 6 in the East parking lot and one at the entrance of Building 29 in the South parking lot.
- Pay with a $1 bill or credit card. Machines do not give change.
- Exchange coins or large bills at the Cashier Office in Building 6.
We have implemented a new and improved student carpool application process.
Effective immediately, students will be able to pay and receive a carpool permit directly at the Cashiers Office (using this Student Carpool Application Form). Beginning Winter 2018, carpool permits will be $18.00 per quarter. Manual verification of class schedules at the Public Safety Office is no longer required.
Student carpool permits are limited to 250 permits per quarter and will be sold on a first-come-first-served basis.
Guest Parking Form (Employees ONLY)
To request a guest parking pass, access the Guest Parking Validation Request Form. You will prompted to log in using the same user name and password for your computer. Once you completed the Guest Parking Validation Request Form, you will receive an email with a seven-digit parking validation (coupon code) and instructions on how to use the validation code. You may use the validation code in either the East or the South parking lot at Highline College.
- Student parking is limited to areas designated for students with a valid “HC/CWU student” parking permit.
- Carpool parking is limited to spaces designated for carpools with a valid “CARPOOL” parking permit.
- Staff/Faculty daytime parking is limited to areas designated for staff/faculty parking.
- Parking after 4:00 P.M. is on a first-come, first-served basis in the East, South and North parking areas, with the exception of disabled, carpool and visitor parking.
- Disabled parking stalls are available throughout the campus and can be utilized only by vehicles displaying valid “STATE DISABLED” permit or “DISABLED PLATE”. Vehicles with a valid “STATE DISABLED” decal or plate can also park in any available stalls, including “STAFF/FACULTY, CARPOOL, and VISITOR” parking, and do not require a Highline College parking permit.
Parking appeals can be filled out on the back of the citation and turned into the Public Safety Office in Building 6 or submitted via the online form below.
If you wish to appeal a citation, please complete and submit the requested information below. You must respond within twenty calendar days of receiving a citation for your appeal to be considered. You will be notified of the appeal decision in writing.